Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Craft Fairs/Spring Festivals

This spring, my daughter and I are going to have a booth at the Azalea Festival in Jasper and I can't tell you how excited I am about it. I don't care if I sell anything or not, just spending the time with her will be sufficient for me. I am, however, in the process of making up a BUNCH of card and envelope sets. I hope to use up at least most of the Scenic Route paper I had purchased when I decided to have myself and "online store". HA! Anyway, I am going to make those up and probably package them in sets of 5 for like $10 (?)
And, I am also working on samples of my Stampin' Up! stuff! I am so excited to be having my first workshop coming up. A wonderful friend is hosting and I sincerely hope we get lots of sales so she can get lots of free stuff!! I think for her workshop we will do two cards. Maybe an Easter card, and then a general generic card for any occasion. I am also hoping to get some explosion boxes made and possibly an album or two with premade pages so all a buyer has to do is put their pictures in place and it's done! That's a big list I know, but I think it is doable. If I can just keep myself on track and finish as many as possible each day, I should be in good shape!
I also have to figure out what kind of make and take I am going to do at the festival. I'm thinking a simple spring or thank you card. We never know what the weather is going to be like, so I may not have as many customers as I am expecting.
And I am going to be pushing Stampin' Up! and trying to get people to commit to host a workshop. I just have to think of an incentive to get them to sign up. Possibly either a free stamp set, punch, or pack of paper or ink pad.
I'm also thinking of hosting a card making day at my house. I know of a couple of people that I could invite over to use my paper to make cards and envelopes. All they would have to bring would be their paper cutter, scissors, and adhesive. Maybe a cutting mat too. Then we could spend the day making cards and getting my stuff ready for the festival and each person would leave with a stack of cards as well as a thank you for the help! I'm going to have to put out some feelers for this, see what kind of interest there is.
Well, tomorrow I plan to get (hopefully) a lot of cards made, sets of note cards, and maybe other stationary items. Not quite sure what that would be, but we'll see. Getting Crystal over here will be fun. She has her own things that she is working on, trying to have enough done so she doesn't have to take many orders. But, maybe she will be willing to come help me out for an hour or two, we'll see.
I just realized that our festival is during Sale-A-Bration. Now THERE is an incentive to make a purchase with me, place an order! For every $50 they spend they get to pick out a free stamp set! I need to make some signs about that, price signs, project signs. I think I will make my make and take for like $2.00 or maybe just 1$. I don't know yet what it's even going to be so who knows.
Well there are some of my plans for the next few weeks, so you can see I am going to be pretty busy! But I love it. Prayerfully, I will make some decent money!!
Well, everyone, if you are in the area on March 19, come by the square and see us! Don't know what we are going to call our booth yet, but we'll think of something. Hope to see you there!
Whatever I have left over, I will probably photograph and either list on Ebay or just on my blog here for purchase.
I pray you all have a blessed night and continued blessings until we speak again!
Judy/AKA Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment