Saturday, July 2, 2011

Building a Business

You know, I don't care what anyone says, building a business, especially on a limited start-up capital, is very difficult. Add to that the fact that we are in such a horrible economy at this time, no one is wanting to spend money on things that are non-essential. Unfortunately for those of us in the crafting business, this business is often looked at as non-essential. But, if you truly think of it, at least in the same way that I do, my crafting is a form of therapy for me. It gives me a chance to escape from the everyday problems of life and focus on something fun and beautiful. I can forget all the turmoil going on around me for a while and focus on creating something special! If it weren't for crafting, scrapbooking, cardmaking, I know I would be in the looney bin by now!! I can go in my room, close the door, turn on my music and everyone knows to leave me alone unless there is a dire emergency!! This allows me to relax to the point that my creative juices start flowing and before I know it, I have pumped out several scrapbook pages, or cards, or both! I am very thankful to have the resources available to me that I do, to give me the encouragement I need along the way. There are so many different resources available to me that I did not previously have! I just have to be cautious in the way that I use them, so I don't OVER use them. I just thank God for providing me with these resources.

 I'm sure you have heard this same story from several others but I am going to share it with you once more if you don't mind. I have started using the LateNightStamper Bootcamp for business builders. My plan is to use this program and hopefully make my minimum this month, because if I don't sell $400 by the end of July, that's it for me as a demo!! I don't want that to happen, but when you live in a small rural town it is so hard to get your message to the right people to get orders!! I did however have a halleluiah moment yesterday when I got a bite on my DBWS. This customer was so excited to find someone close to her home, which happens to be my home town as well, and she told me that she is willing to do whatever she can to help me stay afloat! PRAISE GOD!! I was seriously about to throw in the towel, but God knew better! Thank you Lord for that encouragement, and a renewed sense of desire to make this work!!
So, if you are struggling and just can't seem to get your program to work, try the LNS Bootcamp, and prayer. I don't think you will go wrong with either one!
Happy Stamping everyone!!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment